Garden shed looking good!

Great weekend weather!  Great couple of days working on the Garden Shed.  Ray and I got a little help from Cory, putting the plywood on the roof.  Put the roofing felt and the drip edge on the roof, as well.

Finished the front side closed in angled end under the roof.  Still need to close in the rear side, though.

So far, have not purchased any plywood.  Still have a few short pieces left.  Should be able to finish the rear side and around the upper windows, before I run out.

This has been a great project.  All the material has been recycled from other material.  The plywood and some framing pieces came from the large wooden crates I got from a bulk package company in St. Louis.  The framing material came from a buddy’s old deck.   A couple of the small windows came from a family friend who had then stored in his barn for years. One window came from my favorite store Norm’s Bargain Barn.  It was a “display” window in a carrying case.  I did purchase 2 ornate transom windows that will be the upper window overlooking the lower roof, got a bargain from Norm.

I will have to purchase shingles for the roof, I don’t think it would be a good idea to use recycled shingles.  And of course, I will purchase new siding!

Garden shed, almost done!

Advertisements

~ by Joe A. Robertson, P.G. on September 11, 2012.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: